Here at Nairn Construction, our mission is “To deliver high quality workmanship, safely and professionally, taking pride in what we build – creating happiness for our staff and our clients!” We are a progressive company constantly reinvesting in our infrastructure and our staff in order to build our business.
We recognise the importance of a strong team and the value that our employees bring to the business. Due to continued significant growth over the past six years, we are currently expanding our team. We have an opening for a general Labourer to support both the civil engineering and building squads.
duties and responsibilities
As a General Labourer the duties and responsibilities you will learn in the role vary from site to site. They include but are not limited to the following;
- Performing setup and cleanup tasks on site
- Digging pits, trenches and foundations
- Putting up panels to hold concrete in place
- Laying kerbs and paving and resurfacing roads
- Directing traffic when necessary to ensure the safety of pedestrians
- Climbing to heights and conducting work while properly using safety restraints
- Providing general maintenance of construction equipment
The successful candidates will be over 17, hardworking, driven and willing to learn. Somebody who takes pride in their work, is friendly and respectful to clients and colleagues and relishes working as part of a team being dependable with a good work ethic. Full training will be given to allow you to progress your career in an industry where there is a lack of skilled people.
- have a valid drivers licence and transport to and from work
- have a willingness to learn and develop skills and knowledge
- Be prepared for early starts and working away from home at times
- Thorough attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of maths
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- General knowledge of building and construction practices
- The ability to handle constructive criticism
- The ability to work in extreme weather conditions
Why work with us
Nairn Construction is a fast paced and exciting place to work. We value our employees and offer multiple opportunities to learn, develop and nurture successful careers with us. Some of our key benefits include:
- Excellent rates of pay – we don’t pay apprentices apprentice wages!
- Competitive salary and progression
- Paid holidays
- Workplace pension scheme
- Flexible benefits
- Regular specific training to continue your development
- Team gatherings and outings
- Staf Incentives including descretionary performance bonuses
- Sport Memberships
- The successful candidate could possibly be offered the opportunity to complete their SVQ in Civil Engineering, or increase the level of any current qualifications held. Take a look at what a career in Civil Engineering looks like here!