The Project brief was to carry out works to retain the character and features of the old stone building whilst modernising it to suit client design. The landscape had to be reshaped to accommodate an extension to the rear of the dwelling, this involved retaining walls, drainage, bulk earth works and existing ditch diversion. Being an experienced contractor in all aspects of construction, building and civil engineering we were able to offer a tailored solution within the client budget.
Our reasonable price, bespoke solution for carrying out the land re-profiling and drainage works required led our client to award us this project.
After reviewing design information from the client, Nairn Construction Ltd, started on site with the diversions of the existing hillside ditches to take rain water away from the existing dwelling allowing us to commence the cutting of the new batters to create room for the new rear extension. We diverted the existing ditches into a new 450 mm drain, improving the existing 150 mm piped system which was overwhelmed. After we had dealt with the water we were able to commence the bulk earthworks and removal of the existing roof structure.
The key works to be carried out by Nairn Construction are as follows:-
- Diversion and upgrading of existing waterways and drainage
- Bulk earthworks to existing banking
- Removal of existing roof structure and strip out of all existing internal wall linings, floor and windows
- Retaining walls to hold existing banking in place
- Hydro seeding of newly formed banking to stabilise slope faces.
- Foundations for new extension
- Site build kit extension
- Blockwork and rendering
- New power, water, LPG services into dwelling
- Underground Drainage
- Concrete subfloors
- New internal wall linings and partitions
- Full new roof construction from trusses to slate finish
- New windows and doors
- M&E fit out including underfloor heating
- Joinery and decorative finishes
The works carried out by Nairn Construction were completed in a quick and professional manner in a collaborative fashion with the client. The finished house has become a beautiful home, for a very happy client, which will be enjoyed for years to come.
Carried out Safely