Nairn Construction Ltd were engaged and employed by an international chemical company based in Lockerbie to collaboratively work with them and Robinsons Scotland Limited to carry out civil engineering works to improve, enhance and extend the existing yard space, site access and site security of their existing premises.
As part of our brief we proposed a few ideas to the client on the layout of the new scheme, which best suited their short, medium and long term needs and operational goals.
After receiving initial basic design information from the client, Nairn Construction Ltd quickly implemented an action plan to get works moving by coming up with alternate layouts for the client to review. The final layout was confirmed and works commenced.
The key works carried out by Nairn were as follows:-
- Site clearance of existing brush, trees and hedgerows to create vision lines for new site access
- Bulk earthworks to create a new access from existing adoptable carriageway
- Site clearance and topsoil strip of existing site, including removal of existing fencing and perimeter kerbing to allow new works to tie in
- Creation of new access road to adoptable standards, including kerbing, surfacing and drainage and associated temporary traffic management
- Re-profiling and compaction of existing site to new levels, including the use of structural geo-grids and earth strengthening membranes
- Drainage diversions and tie ins to existing systems on site to deal with surface run off water from new access road
- Creation of new stone access road and hard standing area ready for Robinsons Scotland to lay perimeter kerbing and lay the new concrete yard
- Installation of new palisade security fencing and gates to secure the site
- Reinstatement of verges around new works
The works carried out by Nairn were completed in a quick and professional manner in a collaborative fashion with the client and Robinsons Scotland Limited. The end product will no doubt enhance their business production and storage capabilities and make their yard operations much more efficient in the short and medium terms.
Carried out Safely
“We were looking for a reputable company to assist us in the creation of a new road access and site clearance groundworks for the creation of a large extension area on our land. Nairn Construction were recommended to us, and being local, we asked them to come in to discuss the work we required to be carried out. Nairn Construction were extremely helpful every step of the way, regularly talking to us and discussing the best approach and design for our needs. Being a Comah site, we had strict rules and regulations which needed to be met for the design and security of the area before works could be authorised. Nairn Construction adopted a very professional approach, clearly understanding the requirements and who to speak to regarding each subject every step of the way. Once the design was approved, the works were started. All of the work carried out was completed in a very efficient, professional and tidy manner and was completed within our tight timescale. We are delighted with the work which has been completed for us. Nairn Construction will be our No.1 company of choice for any works we need in the future.”
Nikki Libira, Operations Manager
Kersia/Kilco (International) Ltd