Nairn Construction Ltd were employed by a local Heavy Haulage Company to carry out all civils.
These works included earthworks, drainage, service ducts, new floor slabs and existing yard reinstatement works and erect a new 9m x 18m industrial structural steel and cladded Kit shed supplied by the client, designed and supplied by Robinsons Scotland Limited.
After receiving design information, warrant drawings and the kit erection drawings from the client, Nairn Construction Ltd planned and programmed the works.
With the client wanting the new shed operational as quickly as possible to increase his warehousing capacity, we quickly implemented time saving methods to decrease construction time and offer a cost-effective solution on the civils side of the works.
Rather than traditionally tackling the existing concrete yard to be broken up with excavator and breakers, which would have taken multiple days to complete while we separated all the twisted rebar, we adopted a saw cutting technique which allowed us to cut the yard up into squares, completed in just 12 hours, and lift them straight into tippers for crushing off site at our waste partners recycling plant. This saved considerable time and the number of loads required to leave site due to reducing the bulking factor of the materials, which also translates into monetary savings for the client.
The key works carried out by Nairn were as follows:-
- Removal of existing concrete yard in the area of the new building
- Bulk earthworks to formation level
- Tie in of new drainage to existing on site system
- Installation of foundations with holding down bolts set out, lined and levelled by NCL engineering staff
- Erection of structural steelwork and installation of concrete wall panelling including lining and levelling of steel and grouting works
- Installation of roof and wall cladding including installation of roof lights, associated flashing, passenger door and rain water goods
- Polished floor slabs
- Reinstatement of existing concrete hard standings
The works carried out by Nairn were completed in a quick and professional manner which has allowed the client to utilise this space for his business needs.
The quality of the Industrial unit supplied by Robinsons Scotland Limited was to a high quality and went together with no issues, with easy to follow steelwork and cladding drawings.
Carried out Safely