Nairn Construction Ltd have carried out numerous civil works on behalf of M&N Electrical & Mechanical Services at various Scottish Water WWtW across Scotland as part of their upgrade programme to replace screens in the treatment plants and to upgrade existing infrastructure and hard standings.
As part of these upgrades our remit include civils alteration work to accommodate the new plant, drainage diversions and some site infrastructure upgrades.
Treating each site as a bespoke plant we visit site with the necessary drawings and along with M&N work collaboratively to engineer a solution to get the new plant installed. We then carry out the works ahead of the installation of the new plant.
The key works carried out by Nairn were as follows:-
- New concrete hard standings and footpaths
- Plinth Extensions for new plant
- Alterations to existing plinths to accommodate new machinery
- Removal of old redundant buried plant and replacement drainage lines
- Existing hard standing repairs
- Creation of concrete flow restrictors and buffers within existing channels
- Organising of and supply of over pumping equipment whilst works are being carried out to ensure WWtW remains operational.
- Repair and replacement of existing underground drainage lines.
We have built up a solid relationship with M&N carrying out these works on their behalf. With all works completed in an efficient, timely and cost-effective manner, which has resulted in minimal disruption to the operators of these sites allowing them to continue servicing Scotland Underground Sewage seamlessly.
Carried out Safely